Coconut Chicken Sticks
Serves: 4 Cooks in: 30 minutes Difficulty: slightly tricky
How to cook
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the chicken into small chunks, and place in a dish.
- Whizz up the garlic, lemongrass, coconut cream, herbs and lime zest in a small blender.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the chicken onto bamboo sticks, then cook for 8 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Please note - all Five-a-Dale recipes are designed to get children into the kitchen and cooking! Adult supervision is required for all recipes, however. Using a knife is recommended only for children over 5 years or over.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tin of coconut milk (cream only)
- 1 stick of lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- zest of 1 lime
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 basil leaves
- 2 mint leaves
- bamboo skewers
Pea Soup with Chilli and Mint Crème Fraîche
View this recipe