Strawberry & Banana Muffins
Serves: 4 Cooks in: 20 minutes plus cooling time Difficulty: easy
How to cook
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/ Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat, then leave to cool slightly.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth – except the egg, strawberries and banana.
- Add the beaten egg mixture one half at a time, then fold through the fruit.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases, place on the middle shelf, then bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack, then serve.
Please note - all Five-a-Dale recipes are designed to get children into the kitchen and cooking! Adult supervision is required for all recipes, however. Using a knife is recommended only for children over 5 years or over.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200ml milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 150g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125g sugar
- 100g fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 banana, thinly sliced